Re: DNS: COM.AU DNA's Progress Report after Week 2

From: Robert Hart <hartr§interweft.com.au>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 14:24:03 +1100 (EST)
Hi

I find the statement that all backlogged registrations for .com.au
domains submitted prior to 1 Nov 1996 have been cleared to be
rather interesting.

Would people care to check the registration and delegation for
	interweft.com.au

This is not as far as I can see completed (Monday, 18 Nov at 14:25 EST) .
A 'dig &#167;com.au interweft.com.au any' will certainly show that it has be
registered - BUT as far as I can see this is *not* delegated. Certainly, I
cannot get ANY name server in Australia beyond my own and my ISP's to
acknoledge the existence of interweft.com.au.

As the registration/delegation request for this domain was submitted in
early October, I would have thought that the progress report's statement
about clearing the backlog implied that it was up and ready to roll.

Apparently Melbourne IT and myself have a different version of the English
language in use...I wonder which of us should upgrade to patch level
.1996?

Robert Hart                                  iweft&#167;ipax.com.au
Voice: +61 (0)3 9735 3586		     http://203.29.72.65/
InterWeft, 35 Summit Road, Lilydale, Victoria 3140, Australia
        IT, data and voice networking
        Strategic IT business planning
        Internet planning, implementation, security and configuration