Re: DNS: Re: INET: Second .COM.AU Registry

From: Ian McKellar <yakk§tartarus.uwa.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 09:37:00 +0800 (WST)
Neil Renfrey articulated:

> Could someone please explain to me the complexity of DNA. What processes are
> there involved that take days or weeks.

AFAIK its just adding lines to a config file, and sending a SIGHUP to the
server. I wrote some CGI scripts to automate this (for my nameserver) a few
months ago, and that only took a couple of hours. Of course they aren't actually
reliable, but it wouldn't take long if I was motivated.

Ian

 /\        yakk&#167;ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au   http://www.yakk.net.au/~yakk/           /\
<  >        finger yakk&#167;student.uwa.edu.au for more information            <  >
 \/_____Disclaimer: These comments are those of my fingers, not my mind_____\/