DNS: Contact addresses for COM.AU Bureau services

From: Peter Gerrand <ceo§MelbourneIT.com.au>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996 11:32:23 +1000
Hi to everyone on the dns&#167;intiaa.asn.au mailing list.

As most of you know, this mailing list was set up to encourage
discussion and development of DNS policies for DN Administration within
.AU , and it is serving that purpose quite well.

However over the past two weeks I have been receiving a large number of
direct enquiries via the mailing list concerning particular domain names
under com.au, and other company-specific queries that are best passed to
the COM.AU Bureau staff directly.

I would therefore like to draw the attention of the mailing list to the
following webpage
http://www.MelbourneIT.com.au/com_au/index.html#contact
which gives the hypertext links you can use to generate email directly
to the relevant Bureau staff on topics such as Renewals, Specific DN
requests, Participating ISPs, Pricing Policy etc.

Also please note that I shall be away next week 24 October to 1 December
at a telecommunications conference, and will not be available to respond
to mial via the dns&#167;intiaa.asn.au during that week.

I hope to meet some of you at the ISOC-Au inaugural general meeting on
Wednesday.

Regards
PG

P.S. I have received a complaint that the Bureau's telephone number (03)
9344 9366 is often continually engaged. This is simply because of the
large number of clients who are telephoning the Bureau rather than using
email or faxed (03 9347 9473) access. The more we take staff away from
processing applications to answer the phone, the longer it will take to
register or renew DNs and to change delegations -  and many of the phone
calls have been basically just asking about progress on applications
still well within the service guarantee period (e.g. ten working days
maximum for standard service).
So please phone us only when all else fails ...
PG

--
Professor Peter Gerrand
CEO, Melbourne IT