Re: DNS: .biz.au or .co.au

From: Luke Carruthers <luke§magna.com.au>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 1996 11:11:51 +1100 (EST)
> >> If this is not possible, then should the x-IA should be
> >> lobbying the government for legislation to protect DNS
> >> registering bodies from litigation?
> >
> >This has been raised with the relevant government bodies, but the
> >issue has not been definitively resolved one way or another as yet.
>
> I'm sorry but this is simply not good enough is my reaction.
> This is the ABSOLUTE CORE of the issue, and if there is
> ONE THING to fix to allow the DNS to work I'd suggest
> that this is IT (have I made the point clearly enough yet?)

While I perhaps wouldn't have said it the same way, I must agree
that this is a central issue to any possible future structure for
DNS management.  You have been part of the restructuring process from
the beginning, and I do recall your arguments in favour of this at
the last meeting.  The "relevant government bodies" means essentially
DOCA - perhaps we can prevail upon you to draft a letter on behalf of
the DNS forum to DOCA regarding the issue?

Luke Carruthers
Magna Data
Internet Solutions Provider