Re: DNS: Melbourne IT

From: Geoff Huston <gih§telstra.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 1997 13:34:32 +1100
At 10:05 AM 7/2/97 +1100, Wilson Fletcher wrote:
>We have received info from our ISP informing that Melbourne IT require us to pay some extortion or they will deregister our domain name.
>
>Is this legal ?

Well the best way for you to establish this is to ask a lawyer.

>Have consumer affairs and the department of fair trading been informed of this situation ?

Well you can ensure that they are informed by informing them yourself
if you feel that this is appropriate.

This is not a glib response. If you feel that you have an legitimate complaint
as a consumer of course you should approach the relevant public agency to discuss
your problem - .com.au domain names are nothing special in this regard.

  Geoff Huston
--
Geoff Huston                   gih&#167;telstra.net
Network Technical Manager      +61 6 208 1908