Re: DNS: COM.AU Renewals

From: Brett Caird <brettc§bit.net.au>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 10:10:11 +1000
>Some of you will be aware that commencing before, and independent of,
>iiNet initiating its costly court action, Melbourne IT started
>constructive discussions with Pauline Van Winson of ISOC-AU and Luke
>Carruthers of INTIAA concerning an optional alternative approach to the
>treatment of the 'historical' domain names registered before Melbourne
>IT commenced its role on 8 October 1996 as com.au administrator.

I don't want to sound like a broken record or state the obvious but...

I wasn't aware (and I am sure there are many in the same situation) that
Melbourne IT was willing to negotiate on historical domains until after the
legal action became public knowledge.

I am glad Melbourne IT is looking at this but why the hell didn't they say
so earlier?!

Cheers

Brett

----
Brett Caird		Chief Executive/Director
brettc&#167;bit.net.au	http://www.bit.net.au/
Brisbane Internet Technology Pty Ltd
"Its easy to be patient if you haven't got anything better to do."