Re: DNS: ADNA Memoranda & Articles

From: George Michaelson <ggm§connect.com.au>
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 13:36:11 +1000
  I think that the wider Internet community in Australia will expect these
  new TLDs (a subset if not all) to be implemented as 2LDs under .au.

  Then I see a real need for ADNA as the applications to become DNAs roll
  in.

If the domains exist as top-level domains, and if IAHC permits multiple
responsible registries/DNAs and somebody wants to be one down here on OZ
then why do we need to tack 3 ascii characters on the end and create a
local variant?

The net is already flooded with implausibly many name variants, so if we
just got 7 more globally applicable ones, why not use them?

I suggest that people who want to be DNAs apply for IAHC delegated spaces!

-George
--
George Michaelson         |  connect.com.au pty/ltd
Email: ggm&#167;connect.com.au |  c/o AAPT,