Re: DNS: Points for disscussion at the meeting 16\05\97

From: Brett Caird <brettc§bit.net.au>
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 11:07:03 +1000
At 10:24 AM 14/05/97 +1000, you wrote:
>>Following recent discussions with Bart Canistra of connect.com I have
>>been advised to contact you regarding the domain weddings.net.au.
>
>I am surprised that "weddings" was approved anyway. Isn't it a generic
>word, or a dictionary word, or whatever the current requirement is?

a. net.au policy isn't the same as com.au (Melbourne IT).  I believe it is
slightly less strict on this point.

b. I believe "generic" words which form a prominent part of the business
name are now allowable under even com.au policy.  That said, its been a
while since I bothered to read the policy on this since our clients don't
seem to listen when we tell them there isn't much chance of getting a given
domain registered anyway :|

>---
>Panther (as in Pinkboard Panther) <panther&#167;pinkboard.com.au>
>Larry Singer <larrys&#167;pinkboard.com.au>
>Larry Singer <larry&#167;wright.com.au>
>http://www.pinkboard.com.au/~panther/
>Sending junk email to my addresses will result in rude messages.
>"That kind of guy."

Cheers

Brett

----
Brett Caird		Chief Executive/Director
brettc&#167;bit.net.au	http://www.bit.net.au/
Brisbane Internet Technology Pty Ltd
"Its easy to be patient if you haven't got anything better to do."