Re: DNS: What is wanted?

From: Michael Malone <mmalone§creole.iinet.net.au>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 1997 11:20:50 +0800
> PS: My *personal* general comment on your solutions is that they are kludges
> to mollify specific entities. A solution that provided for the needs of
> those entities without diminishing the role of others would be better. On
> the other hand, what is effective consensus but a series of interlocking
> kludges? Let the debate continue.

I did mention in there that this was only looking at EDU.AU.  I would
hope that using that as a -start- we could perhaps come up with
something that would be extendable to GOV.AU, ORG.AU, ASN.AU, NET.AU and
so on.  I see EDU.AU as being a good deal easier to address, since
there is a smaller breadth of stake holders.

MM

ps: I'll assert again: I don't speak for ADNA.  I'd just like to
    find some way that will offer some chance of moving ahead.