DNS: Who should govern .AU

From: Chris Chaundy <chris§connect.com.au>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 1997 12:43:05 +1000
Sorry if you have already been subjected to my rantings...

I am afraid this will raise the hackles of many people, but I am still of
a firm opinion that governance (note that I said governance and NOT operation)
of the top level .AU domain should be the responsibility of a government or
semi-government body, preferably one that has other related responsibilities
such as ITU representation.  I believe that Standards Australia may be such
a body.

I am equally of the opinion that governance of the 2LDs should be by bodies
constituted of respresentatives of the area covered by the 2LD.

--
Chris Chaundy (Network Manager)

connect.com.au pty ltd, Level 9, 114 Albert Rd, Sth Melbourne, VIC 3205, Aust.
Internet: chris&#167;connect.com.au   Phone: +61 3 9251-3671   Fax: +61 3 9251-3666