DNS: PAB Re: Update on gTLD Registrar Application Process -Reply

From: <kconnolly§evw.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 12:53:03 -0500
Bob Helfant wrote:

>>> "bhelfant&#167;globecomm.net" 07/15/97 12:21pm >>>
Can I assume that between the posting that are considering a 60 or 90
day
processing period and this email, you have received overwhelming
support
for the 90 day period.  I didn't see much of it on this list so I can
assume that everyone reponded privately.
{snip}

Online, it's sometimes impossible to tell for sure where the naivete ends
and the sarcasm begins.  However, we know all too well that the apathy
that pervades this list pretty well precludes "overwhelming support" for
anything, so it seems safe to conclude that Bob's remarks are sarcastic.

I know that there has from time to time been a lack of civility on this list.
Lord knows, I have on occasion contributed to that lack.  But I am also all
too well aware that nothing deters participation in online discussions
more conclusively than incivility.  The fact that I would just as lief put Jay
Fenello's tuchas in the hoosegow  does not change the fact that I would
enjoy doing so _politely_.

So . . . please take this note as a reminder that if we're sincere about
striving for the widest possible participation in PAB activities, we should
refrain from engaging in sarcasm, character assassination (of PAB
Members <seg>) and other unpleasantness.

Sincerely,
Kevin J. Connolly