Re: DNS: Draft selection criteria for new DNAs and 2LDs

From: Simon Hackett <simon§internode.com.au>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 1997 11:25:14 +0900
At 16:38 18/07/97 +1000, Chris Chaundy wrote:
>There hasn't been much discussion on this since Simon's comments so I'll
>toss in a few more (apart from basically agreeing with Simon's):

And apart from basically agreeing with Chris' comments, can I say something
here, viz:

**HELLO!!!????**

Is there likely to be any actual comment to my questions, either from
people directly working in ADNA on this issue or from other interested
parties, apart from Chris' input?

It was good of Kevin Dinn to post the draft criteria to this list for
comment. If nobody actually cares about these criteria, then let's just
have ADNA accept letters of interest from prospective DNA's along with a
statement that they promise to do their best, have them accept anyone with
a 2mb/sec or faster link and a promise to try hard, and let them go for it.

Otherwise, if these criteria are going to actually be used, then it's vital
that those in ADNA who are working on this take the time to *respond* to my
comments. We were invited to "comment copiously". I did that. The silence
is both deafening and worrying.

I'm trying to contribute. I hate feeling like I'm doing it in a vacuum. My
comments to the draft, a while ago now, weren't trivial and deserved some
sort of response. I've been lead to believe that the timetable to turn that
draft into something concrete is pretty short.

Can someone in ADNA also remind us of:

	- the deadlines for intended future work in appointing DNA's in com.au
	- the process by which feedback to comments is going to be handled by
those working on the selection criteria document? (and/or who,
specifically, is working on incorporating changes into the document, and on
what timetable?)

I was told a while ago that the "DNASEL" list, used to create the draft
document, was disbanded and that discussion would now happen 'here' (dns
list) - so I didn't need to join it. What am I missing?

Heck, another association I'm a member of has joined ADNA, I'm one of the
designated contact points for that association with respect to ADNA and I
*still* have no idea what's going on.

Yours in frustration,

Simon Hackett
---
Simon Hackett, Technical Director, Internode Systems Pty Ltd
31 York St [PO Box 284, Rundle Mall], Adelaide, SA 5000 Australia
Email: simon&#167;internode.com.au  Web: http://www.on.net
Phone: +61-8-8223-2999          Fax: +61-8-8223-1777