Re: DNS: Revised selection criteria for new DNAs/2LDs

From: Larry Singer <larry§wright.com.au>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 1997 11:05:57 +1000
Kevin Dinn wrote:
>This was my original approach - to make the criteria so specific that the
>applicant virtually knew whether they would be successful before the
>application went in.

I think this is a reasonable goal. I think the problem is that the
different domains have different sizes and therefore requirements. How
about we divide the criteria into 2 parts, the first part that all DNAs
need to meet, then a second part specific to the domain that they apply for.

There is also an unspoken assumption that any DNA would wish to handle all
available domains. I do not believe that this assumption is valid. To this
end I propose that a DNA has to apply for each domain separately. (Need to
discuss application fees in this case.)

---
Panther (as in Pinkboard Panther) <panther&#167;pinkboard.com.au>
Larry Singer <larrys&#167;pinkboard.com.au>
Larry Singer <larry&#167;wright.com.au>
http://www.pinkboard.com.au/~panther/
Sending junk email to my addresses will result in rude messages.
"That kind of guy."