Re: DNS: DNA Code of Practice Draft #4

From: Leni Mayo <leni§toplevel.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 22:06:21 +1000
ramin wrote:

> Leni Mayo wrote:
> >

> > Brings up an interesting point though, that names registered in
> "ADNA"
> > domains come with certain protections - like some confidence that a
> DNA
> > will be around to service it.  Names registered in non-ADNA domains
> > don't have the same protections, and the distinction should be made
> > clear to the customer.
>
> i am wondering if there is any implicit guarantee involved here with
> the
> "protections".  also important to be fair to competition in a non-
> disparaging manner.
> --

Rereading the post, I acknowledge there might be some poor wording in an
attempt to distinguish some property of an ADNA domain different from a
non-ADNA domain.  No swipe at future non-ADNA domains was intended.

The main point is that there will likely be lots of DNAs operating in
lots of domains and so it's important that the customer knows what they
are getting via clear labelling.

Leni.