Re: DNS: Problems with .org.au approval

From: Sandra Davey <sandra§fl.asn.au>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 11:45:29 +1100
G'day Allan,

>Is any other organisation/individual having problems getting '.org.au'
>domain approvals?
>
>We have had a domain pending in the AUNIC registry since November last
>year and have had no success at all despite emails, phone calls, etc. in
>getting any action.
>
>Is this just an isolated case?  The domain in question is

I don't think this is an isolated case. We have had a number of problems
with regards to the .org.au domain. We have a .asn.au domain simply because
our request for the equivalent .org.au domain took far too long and we
needed to go live; longer than the time you mention above.

I have always hoped that something would be done about .org.au

With best regards,
Sandra Davey