Re: DNS: Domain Registration in Australia

From: Scott Howard <scott§doc.net.au>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 23:53:14 +1100 (EST)
On 23/02/98, Rick Welykochy wrote:

>(2) dan.com.au
>    divdat.com.au
>    diversified.com.au
>
>   All three are registered to the same person. "dan" is the guy's name!
>   And his ACN is listed as "000000000". Hmmmmf!  Also, "diversified" is
>   a dictionary word.

I think it's time you (and several other people on this list) re-checked
the com.au policies.
The "dictionary word" stipulation hasn't been included in it for a year
(well, 10 mins short of a year actually...).

As far as I can see, "diversified" isn't a 'generic word describing products
(goods or services), industries, industry sectors, or organisations.'.

As for "dan", from a quick read of the rules, I cant see why this would be
rejected (ignoring the "multiple domain" thing) - It probably streches
a few of the rules, but I can't see any it actually breaks.

  Scott.