Re: DNS: Domain Registration in Australia

From: Adam Todd <at§ah.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 02:33:08 +1100
>I still think that one of the more interesting fights that has gone on over
>naming is that of consult.com, denied registration of the domain name
>'consult.com.au' through some very ludicrous reasoning. Ramin might be able
>to let us know how it's going, but essentially, MelbourneIT apparently say
>that 'consult' is the name of an industry and so can't be used. To me, this
>is the biggest piece of b.s. that I've ever heard.
>-- reality is what you can get away with --

I think Ramin should be permitted the DN just because he is who he is :)

But your comments are quite valid.

Can you tell me what this industry "consult" is?  I haven't heard of it
before.

      The world operates 24 hours a day ... so do the servers.
The advice offered in this email is not considered professional advice,
or it would be accompanied by an invoice. No permission is granted for
republication of comments, without written consent.
Business Development, Technology Domain Registration and Network Advisory
Telstra Convery Member
Adam Todd                                 Personal http://adamtodd.ah.net
						   http://adam.says.sheesh
Phone +61 2 9729 0565                     Network  http://www.ah.net
AU Root Server Confederation              http://aursc.ah.net
AU Internet News  mailto:internet-request&#167;ah.net  with "subscribe"