Re: DNS: SRS mechanism

From: Adam Todd <at§ah.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 1998 01:46:18 +1100
[From the Australian DNS Mail List]

>> Talking of which - and I recall someone mentoning gTLD yesterday - you are
>> aware that the CORE had announced it will be setting up COM, NET and ORG
>> servers to compete with NSI.
>
>This assertion is false.

Robert, it may seem false but it's been stated by two IAHC members in
public lists and quite a number of other people.

There is truth in every rumour, one just has to find it.

In fact three people mentioned it separately in the space of 20 minutes in
one list.  It was quite suprising.

Is this another example of CORE doingone thing whilst the "membership"
looks at another?  Is there "any" authority within CORE at all?  It's sure
not showing.

      The world operates 24 hours a day ... so do the servers.
The advice offered in this email is not considered professional advice,
or it would be accompanied by an invoice. No permission is granted for
republication of comments, without written consent.
Business Development, Technology Domain Registration and Network Advisory
Telstra Convery Member
Adam Todd                                 Personal http://adamtodd.ah.net
						   http://adam.says.sheesh
Phone +61 2 9729 0565                     Network  http://www.ah.net
AU Root Server Confederation              http://aursc.ah.net
AU Internet News  mailto:internet-request&#167;ah.net  with "subscribe"