DNS: Most ADNA Members hold interests in Profit Based Companies.

From: Adam Todd <at§ah.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 1998 23:16:12 +1100
>So you assert that if the people involved ADNA with are anything but
>unemployed they should disqualify themselves from the forum ?

Can you tell me honestly you can perform in a capacity with only the
interests of things outside of your commercial enterprise?

If so, I'd truely like to see you sign an agreement as such and submit it
to ADNA stating that your commercial enterprise(s) will not undertake any
interest in the process unless you personally resign from the ADNA board.

It's too much a conflict of interest and 90% of the time people are on such
organisations to serve their interests and not those of the community.

>I represent SAIA at ADNA - not SE Net - if you do not recognise that
>people can particpiate in these types of things even when they are
>gainfully employed then you are dillusional.

No, that's not what I said at all.  Stephen, you've been making personal
attacks at me for over a year now, it woudl be nice if we could concentrate
on issues, rather than personal attacks.  I's so unprofessional.

I indicated that a person who had a commercial interest in the Internet
woudl not make a good Board member ethically under the ADNA rules.  It
forms a clear conflict of interest.

What's to say Your commercial company isn't going to next become a
Registrar under the ADNA regime?  Or have you clearly indicated this will
NOT occur?

As a board member of ADNA you are making decisions that affect commercial
enterprise.  It's almost "insider trading" where behind those closed ADNA
meeting doors you are privilidged to information I and other organisations
are not.  By the time we hear about them from ADNA you've had a two week
commercial head start.

>If you are insinuating that we are doing something other than representing
>those bodies than please just say it and we can really get down to
>business.

I haven't said that either.  I've simply said I see you as a member of a
board making decision for a NON PROFIT organisation whislt holding a clear
PROFIT motive as a Director (?) or employee of a company that has a clear
motivation to dominate a market as a conflict of interest.

Can you ASSURE ME in writing that any decision made by ADNA will not in any
way relate to or advantage your company over any other company in Australia?

>SAIA is non profit, IIA is non profit, WAIA is non profit, asn.au is non
>profit, tradegate is non profit - yet YOU decide to label us as if we are
>in this for some evil end.

I didn't make a comment about Tradegate, I have no knowledge of the person
or the organisaiton.  At this time I don't feel it necessary to see if the
"representative" has commercial interests in the Internet, as I've already
pointed out just about every other member does.

How can a board be made up of people who have a clear COMMERCIAL interest
honestly call themselves UNBIASED and Fairly representing.

Why do WA politicians resign from "Small Business" portfolios when they own
Shopping Malls?

>Grow up !

No, Stpehen you should start by being IMPERSONAL and concentrating on the
issues.  I haven't made one personal attack on you at any time.  You
constantly do.

Be aware that people who make personal attacks on others in a debate
generally don't have the ability to discuss the issues and wish to
sidetrack the argument.

Yet again, I reitterate:

How can the Board Members of ADNA conform to the terms of the MOA when they
are personally directly involved with Profit Making Companies directlry
involved with Internet?

If the members were "employees" of the organisations you quote who are not
Directors of, or shareholders of any Internet Commercial Business, i
woduln't have an arguement.  Would I?

      The world operates 24 hours a day ... so do the servers.
The advice offered in this email is not considered professional advice,
or it would be accompanied by an invoice. No permission is granted for
republication of comments, without written consent.
Business Development, Technology Domain Registration and Network Advisory
Telstra Convery Member
Adam Todd                                 Personal http://adamtodd.ah.net
						   http://adam.says.sheesh
Phone +61 2 9729 0565                     Network  http://www.ah.net
AU Root Server Confederation              http://aursc.ah.net
AU Internet News  mailto:internet-request&#167;ah.net  with "subscribe"