DNS: ADNA has a LONG way to go.

From: Adam Todd <at§ah.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 1998 18:36:38 +1000
>>ADNA don't have the authority to license anyone to do anything.
>
>Kate, I think it's about time this issue of ADNA's authority was
>laid to rest.  For the record:

Mark, your missing the most important factor.

Robert Elz IS THE AUTHORITY.

ADNA is a wannabe take over from Robert Elz.

At such time that Mr. Elze feels fit that ADNA is supported by the majority
of the population, he might cede HIS authority into ADNA.

Have you or ADNA ever made THIS clear to people.  You certainly didn't in
the ADNA NTIA submission, it was claed that ADNA reqpresented the Internet
Industry where DOmain Names were concerned.

It's OK, this false fact has been corrected.  No need to be alarmed.  Sadly
17% of 200 ISP's doesn't make for MAJORITY of support - at least not in my
opinion.

Poor Rob, he's caught between a rock and three hard places and no one will
leave him alone.  He is in fact very similar to IANA and the position that
Mr. POstel is in - at least where creating new entries in the zone file
these peopel administer are concerns.

As much as I support Robert in his stubourness not to give in - even to my
requests, yet alone many others (although some are being called into
question) I also find his position very concerning for the development and
commercial level of the Internet as it is today.

Certainly questions can be brought forward, and eventually will.

In the mean time ADNA doesn't have the support of over 80% of the Indutsry,
it certianly doesn't have the support of Telstra (the gTLD-MoU does
however, apply careful thought to that factor) and it has no exposure or
support from the Internet Community.

In fact most of the major Domain Name Resellers, or companies that are
hedging their bets on such products, don't even have a passing thrught for
ADNA.

Perhaps it's time to really OPEN the process?

The advice offered in this email is not considered professional advice,
or it would be accompanied by an invoice. No permission is granted for
republication of comments, without written consent.
Business Development, Technology Domain Registration and Network Advisory
Telstra Convery Member			  AURSC    http://www.aursc.ah.net
Adam Todd                                 Personal http://adamtodd.ah.net
at&#167;aus  or  at@ah.net				   http://adam.says.sheesh
Phone +61 2 9729 0565                     Network  http://www.ah.net