Re: DNS: What are the commercial SLDs?

From: Adam Todd <at§ah.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 1998 17:41:16 +1000
>a commercial SLD.  They say that Registrar application fees ($5,000)
>apply to those without a current ADNA Registrar licence (ie everyone),
>and to commercial SLDs.  The commercial SLDs must also pay License Fees
>of $1 per domain name.

I'm very concerned about this "NON PROFIT" organisation called ADNA
charging a fix fee for each domain name.

I would have assumed it would have been done on percentage of the revenue
raised by a Registrar in respect to their contribution to the costs of
running ADNA.

This would require ADNA to work out IT"S budgets in advance with proper
costs associated to emergencies.

Much like the TIO actually.

That's another good example of a NOT FOR PROFIT organisaiotn with variable
running costs and full cover for consts.

Is this yet another scheme for ADNA to make money that it will be
"required" to disburse to it's "members" ??

THE DOMAIN NAME HANDBOOK                   http://www.domainhandbook.com
The advice offered in this email is not considered professional advice,
or it would be accompanied by an invoice. No permission is granted for
republication of comments, without written consent.
Business Development, Technology Domain Registration and Network Advisory
Telstra Convey Member			  AURSC    http://www.aursc.ah.net
Adam Todd                                 Personal http://adamtodd.ah.net
at&#167;aus  or  at@ah.net				   http://adam.says.sheesh
Phone +61 2 9729 0565                     Network  http://www.ah.net