RE: DNS: Issues relating to .pr.au

From: Peter Clark <pjcoz§ozemail.com.au>
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 11:52:20 +1000
Indeed if they had any brains perhaps spending some of the money that
Melbourne.IT is now making, on this policy development and legislative
policy to keep themselves out of hot water. This is the usual technically
inclined attitude to the problem....we have to keep control to manage it
effectively. Unfortunately, the people in control have made little or no
headway in the past year with regard to policy in the Australian Domain Name
Space.

I would suggest that revenue streams directed to Melbourne IT now could have
been better spent and implemented a good policy at the time. This would
obviously be hand-in-hand with government to facilitate better legislation
on this issue which would keep the registrar's out of hot water.

At the moment it reeks as bad as the waterfront.

Who created this closed-shop environment in relation Melbourne.IT ?

Peter Clark