Re: DNS: Issues relating to .pr.au

From: <vicc§cia.net.au>
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 12:29:23 +1000 (EST)
>_From: Michael Malone
>

> > fila is a large company, which spends millions on advertising within australi
> > sells millions $ worth of goods, but does not have an acn or brn nor any othe
> > magic australian number. they sell running shoes, watches clothing etc etc.
> >
> > why dont they want a magic australian number?
>
> VIC 0888782N         FILA CONSTRUCTIONS
> VIC 1355352Y         FILA FOOTY RUN
> ACN 001 579 906      FILA INTERNATIONAL PTY LTD
> ACN 058 225 264      FILA KOVO INVESTMENTS PTY LIMITED
> ACN 078 405 802      FILA SPORT OCEANIA PTY LTD
> VIC 0996889V         FILA SPORTSWEAR

they had no number when we put the applications a year and half ago, when
robert elz was doing .com.au. and I dont think any of those actually belong
to the parent company.

and it complete begs the question as per usual from
the dns folk why an acn/brn is required. when are you people going
to start listening?

Vic