Re: DNS: Issues relating to .pr.au

From: Simon Hackett <simon§internode.com.au>
Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 17:58:46 +0900
>well lets write an ad for internation web hosting.
>
>Web hosting, 20mb disk space, fast link, but sorry you will have to organise
>your own domain as the australian dns people wont give you one.
>
>I can see this will be condusive to lots of sales.

Actually, no, try:

Web hosting, huge available disk space, fast link, any domain names
organised as required.

You're missing the point, it seems, that domain names are unrelated to
geography. Nothing stops a server running in Oz with a .COM address, and
indeed many many do. Nothing stops a server running with a .COM.AU address
but physically in the USA, and (again) many actually do, really, do that too.

Simon
---
Simon Hackett, Technical Director, Internode Systems Pty Ltd
31 York St [PO Box 284, Rundle Mall], Adelaide, SA 5000 Australia
Email: simon&#167;internode.com.au  Web: http://www.on.net
Phone: +61-8-8223-2999          Fax: +61-8-8223-1777