Re: DNS: Answer to Vic Cinc's burning question

From: David Keegel <djk§cyber.com.au>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 21:04:28 +1000 (EST)
Tony Barry wrote:
] >Gee and to think that I kept off this list until now because I thought it
] >would be boring!

Geoff Huston wrote:
] It all depends on your definition of boring. My advice is to run a set of
] From: filters in your procmail config to save on the wear and taer on the
] delete key.

You would probably also want to filter on In-Reply-To: headers to cater
for the fact that not all people replying to the list will have the same
sort of filtering, and there is generally no point in reading a reply to
an article you have filtered out.

For those people not currently running procmail, it might be helpful if
posters to this list could ensure that they quote the name of the person
they are responding to, at least if they think it might be someone a
number of subscribers filter out...
 David Keegel <djk&#167;cyber.com.au>  URL: http://www.cyber.com.au/users/djk/
Cybersource P/L: Unix Systems Administration and TCP/IP network management