Re: DNS: Prospective new domains (tm.au) & (pr.au)

From: Adam Todd <at§ah.net>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 13:28:17 +1000
>In NSW, an individual USED to be able to legally trade under their own name
>without registering that name as a business name, ie Joe Bloggs Consulting.

Joe could trade as "Joe Bloggs" but the moment he adds "Consulting" he
needs to register at least with Business and Consumer Affairs.

>This, I believe, is known as "sole trader" status. I don't know if this
>situation still exists, but it looks as though it probably does. Perhaps
>one of the legals on the list might like to clarify this.

You haven't been able to use a natural name and extention since way before
1983 when I registered my first name.

THE DOMAIN NAME HANDBOOK                   http://www.domainhandbook.com
The advice offered in this email is not considered professional advice,
or it would be accompanied by an invoice. No permission is granted for
republication of comments, without written consent.
Business Development, Technology Domain Registration and Network Advisory
Telstra Convey Member			  AURSC    http://www.aursc.ah.net
Adam Todd                                 Personal http://adamtodd.ah.net
at&#167;aus  or  at@ah.net				   http://adam.says.sheesh
Phone +61 2 9729 0565                     Network  http://www.ah.net