Re: DNS: [Oz-ISP] Social Engineering and 2LDs]

From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1§ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 18:53:34 +0100
Robert and all,

Robert Shaw wrote:

> Geoff Huston wrote:
> >
> > And with this posting from Mr Williams, with his usual standard of
> > reasoned argument that I have come to know and admire for so many months
> > within the various domain name policy mailers, this list moves so far
> > away from its intent that its utility for the rational discussion
> > of policy within the .au domain space is now over.
> >

> For those not familar with the legendary Mr Williams, see
> http://www.gtld-mou.org/gtld-discuss/mail-archive/07656.html

  I see that old Bob is up to his usual meager attempts at discrediting
individuals
that disagree with him or the MoU, which died partly due to these smear
and false claims.  Case in point is an excerpt from Darrell Greenwoods own
post to which Bob again mistakenly provided,

"Jeff changed the name of the company in his .sig, in Jan 1998, from
'Information
Eng. Group' to Information Network Eng. Group.  INEG. INC., when the real
Information Engineering Group <http://www.ieg-america.com/>, became aware
of Jeff's use of their name".  IEG. INC. was our old corporate name.  We had no
claim
to .Jeff changed the name of the company in his .sig, in Jan 1998,
from  'Information Eng. Group' to Information Network Eng. Group.
INEG. INC., when the real Information Engineering Group
<http://www.ieg-america.com/>, became aware of Jeff's use of their
name.

We had no claim to <http://www.ieg-america.com/>, and I have never stated
that we did. But Derrell Greenwood and Bob Shaw seems to have one of those
poor reading disabilities distinctions, as is made cleat in the URL he provided
to the gTLD-discuss INCOMPLETE archives.  Being incomplete, an occurrence that
has only recently been made public on the Domain-Policy list, seems to be
curious
to say the least....

> Robert
> --
> Robert Shaw <robert.shaw&#167;itu.int>
> Advisor, Global Information Infrastructure
> International Telecommunication Union <http://www.itu.int>
> Place des Nations, 1211 Geneva, Switzerland

 Regards,

--
Jeffrey A. Williams
DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java/CORBA Development Eng.