Re: DNS: [Oz-ISP] Social Engineering and 2LDs]

From: Simon Hackett <simon§internode.com.au>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 13:43:06 +0900
>To date I'm aware of the active marketing of
>
>aust.com
>aus.com

Since I am the operator of the aus.com domain on behalf of its owner, I'd
like to question where you are claiming that we actively market subdomains
of aus.com (because it'd be news to me). I would be upset if you started to
put words, or allegations of specific (implicitly bad) marketing if you
were just making it up.

We do offer them, but we don't make a big thing of it, it's just a 'get out
of com.au' option for some people who want to use it. Same with names in
"on.net" and "on.net.au" right now.

Oh, and don't assume we won't redelegate them if one of our customers
leave, because we will. However none of our customers have ever left as yet
- cos they're all happy.

Simon
---
Simon Hackett, Technical Director, Internode Systems Pty Ltd
31 York St [PO Box 284, Rundle Mall], Adelaide, SA 5000 Australia
Email: simon&#167;internode.com.au  Web: http://www.on.net
Phone: +61-8-8223-2999          Fax: +61-8-8223-1777