Re: Cool it - was Re: DNS: [Oz-ISP] Social Engineering and 2LDs]

From: Adam Todd <at§ah.net>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 18:20:06 +1000
At 23:22 21/05/98 +1000, you wrote:
>Adam, Alister, Jeff, Rick and me and et al
>
>Lists live by vigorous rational debate.

Correct.

>They die through insults and polemics.

You will notice I didn't start the name calling.  I was called names first.
 Attempted to defend the issue, rather than myself and was lowered to the
standard of the opponent to have to actually become personal.

Perhaps Rational debate could be restarted.

Perhaps if ANYONE is going to make ANY comments about AURSC, they should
FIRST use it.

>Lets us be quiet for a few days and choose our words in future
>with discernment and care, should we choose to post again.

I always choose my words carefully.

>To attack the person rather than their argument is to lose.

That's why I'm still around and so many people depart.

You'll notice I'm one of the biggest advocates of Enhanced DNS, whilst I'm
the one most frequently PERSONALLY attacked over it.

You will note the Volume of people attacking me personally is far greater
than the volume of response I offer.

You will note I still say the same things over and over and over, whilst
the attacker doesn't havea  clue what they are talking about and purports
to be brilliant.

From such humble beginings came the Butterfly ....

THE DOMAIN NAME HANDBOOK                   http://www.domainhandbook.com
The advice offered in this email is not considered professional advice,
or it would be accompanied by an invoice. No permission is granted for
republication of comments, without written consent.
Business Development, Technology Domain Registration and Network Advisory
Telstra Convey Member			  AURSC    http://www.aursc.ah.net
Adam Todd                                 Personal http://adamtodd.ah.net
at&#167;aus  or  at@ah.net				   http://adam.says.sheesh
Phone +61 2 9729 0565                     Network  http://www.ah.net