Re: DNS: FW: Internet Governance and IANA

From: Adam Todd <at§ah.net>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 12:41:41 +1000
>Date:     Tue, 19 May 1998 08:35:19 -0700
>From:     postel&#167;ISI.EDU
>To:       Daniel.Karrenberg&#167;ripe.net
>Subject:  Re: governance

>We are selecting legal representation and preparing initial bylaws and
>articles of incorporation.  The bylaws are being constructed to allow
>for international representation on the board of directors by address
>registries, domain name registries and registrars, protocol

Egad, talk about PRESUMPTIOUS.

For all Jon knows, the USG might turn to Ellen Rony and ask her to set it
all up.  Hows that saying go:  http://sheesh

>organizations, and the user/industry community.  Since the deadline for
>having this organized may not permit a fully representative board to be
>in place initially, we expect to create a transitional board who will
>then conduct a process to establish the first fully functioning board
>with world-wide representation of all constituencies.

I've heard this before.  Sounds like the IAHC yet again.  Oh. Yeah.

>In the spirit of community self-governance, we welcome your advice and
>suggestions.

I didn't see Jon sending out invitations to become board members.  I'd be
happy to spare the time.  At least that represents a large number of ISPs
and end users directly.