Re: [DNS] governance principles for .AU and the 2LD

From: George Michaelson <ggm§dstc.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 09:58:03 +1000
  structure work cleanly. I had the UK Nominet model thrown at me a
  few days ago as a potential solution - anyone got any comments on
  Nominet.

I think the UK experience is good, but you can't always transplant that
kind of thing between places. After all, they had JANET as a backfill to
make it plain that the leaden hand of the law could (and would) override.

But if I had to drive a stake in the ground, I'd be saying that we're NOT
talking about M-IT's stance. We're talking about the principles we'd expect
to see drive governance and change/control of .AU and the immediate daughter
domains. Sure, multiple shared registries is a challenge. So that means we
can't even consider trying them?

-George

(is two paragraphs an anathema?)