Re: [DNS] 0.2c from a lurker

From: Paul Brooks <paul.brooks§globalone.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 10:50:15 +1000
> No need to dream, current browsers already have LDAP directory searching
> ability built in. Although the LDAP technology seems to be in somewhat
> of a disarray (v2 vs v3, SSL vs non-SSL...) it's being driven hard by
> Netscape and also by Microsoft with NT5 (and SiteServer). x.500/LDAP seems
> to be a more appropriate place to house information for user searching and
> 'guessing' (eg "hmm. Paul Brooks, in Australia, at Global One" -> your
> email address, homepage, phone/fax nubmers etc).

Thanks Tom - I'm not current with LDAP and whats happening in that field,
I'm pleased that a universal directory service seems closer than I
thought..

---
Dr Paul Brooks (PB94)     | pbrooks&#167;gip.net / Paul.Brooks§GlobalOne.net
Manager, Data Operations  | Ph. +61 2 9290 9000   Fax. +61 2 9290 9092
Global One Communications |
Sydney, Australia         | Founding Member:Internet Society of Australia