Re: [DNS] the first step

From: <vicc§cia.net.au>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 11:20:18 +1000 (EST)
>_From: Geoff Huston
>
> "does anyone disagree?"
>
> One of the fundamental criticisms of the IAHC process was
> "we are important. We were not consulted. We do not care
> whether the proffered solution is good, bad or indifferent.
> We object simply because we were not part of the process
> of creating the solution."
>
> Blasting waway as Vic suggests sounds like me, 24 months ago
> on the IAHC.
>
> I am now a sadder and wiser person.
>
> I'd like to learn from that experience and suggest that the stakeholders
> are a broad bunch of folk which includes public policy and regulators,
> lawyers, major industry players, consumer groups...and they all need
> to have their desire for 'involvement' folded in somehow into the
> process.
>
> yes this makes it slow and tedious. Yes NOIE are involved. Yes
> many folk are involved.
>
> But thats consensus politics - like it or not!
>
> i.e. its not just the Good Idea that counts -its getting everyone to
> buy into the Good Idea and have their say in the formation
> of the Good Idea that gains acceptance.

good to see you agreee with me on this point, however we have already
had in excess of 12 months of dilly dalying. there is no further excuses
for delaying the process. NOIE are on the list they are invovled.

we clearly have momentum and consensus for an open inclusive organisation.

the time for action is now. if you beleive other groups need to
be involved that are not on the list, bring them in now.  if
you are suggesting you want to stall the process then explain why
you want to do this yet again?

Vic