Re: [DNS] the first step

From: Paul Montgomery <monty§knapp.com.au>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 23:01:05 +1000
George Michaelson wrote:

> Its been said before: this kind of list is a *working* list and if
> people don't feel able to speak off the record, some things are not
> going to get said.
>
> We've also had the 'journalists are the guardians of the public
> interest' line before. Its not entirely hogwash, but nor is it
> entirely true.
>
> Nuff said.

Sorry, I should have said what my position is on quoting from mailing lists. I
never have, and never will, unless I get specific permissions from each person
quoted. AFAIK as a journalist, lists like this are "off the record" from go to whoa.

If the list members still don't want journos poking their noses in, then I
will happily be unsubscribed. I would like to see you guys succeed in what
you've been doing today as much as anyone else, and I don't want to spoil it.

--
Paul Montgomery, features editor for Image & Data Manager and assistant
editor for Internet World. Lives like a JavaBean. Go Scotland in WC98!