Re: [DNS] The NOMINET model

From: Ron Ipsen <ron§comu.net.au>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 12:41:48 +1000
>I remember that COM.AU used to have intermediate registration where you could
>get the domain registered and have it sitting around as a TXT RR, then you
>could delegate the domain to your chosen servers.
>
>tom&#167;interact.net.au

The process still exists in some forms. It creates a line between those that
have just registered a domain (filled out the forms and tweaked their own
dns) and those that have actually paid for registration and delegation.

 I think they term it "Provisional Registration".

 Something that doesnt seem to exist in the NSI model.

Ron Ipsen,
Managing Director,
Gippsland Internet Pty Ltd
Ph: 61 3 51 276543  Fax: 61 3 51 262020