RE: DNS: More .AU Questions...

From: Jim Fleming <JimFleming§unety.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 23:51:45 -0500
On Monday, June 22, 1998 9:10 AM, vicc&#167;cia.net.au wrote:
&#167;>_From: Jim Fleming
&#167;>
&#167;> On Sunday, June 21, 1998 10:06 PM, Simon Hackett[SMTP:simon§internode.com.au] wrote:
&#167;> <snip>
&#167;> @
&#167;> @Precisely who (real people, email addresses etc pls) manage the process of
&#167;> @that "consensus" ?How were they chosen? How are they removed if they
&#167;> @misbehave? What is their code of conduct and where is it documented?
&#167;
&#167;Robert was not "chosen" there is no way to remove him. there is no
&#167;definition of consensus, perticularly since many of the parties in the
&#167;sub domains seem to hate each others guts. they seem to go out of there
&#167;way to ensure no consensus view on any point is ever reached.
&#167;

Why not set up a board of trustees or stewards ?
Robert Elz could be the first member.

Has Robert Elz proposed to have more people involved ?

&#167;the entire dns process in australia has become an inbred farce, which
&#167;we are all waiting for someone to fix. personally methinks Robert Elz who
&#167;does have the initiative should do the right thing and hand over the reigns
&#167;to adna which was set up for this purpose.
&#167;

There are many country code TLDs that are run by one
person. Why would one person want to do that ? That
is not in the interest of the community. Common sense
and consensus from around the world can tell you that.

&#167;most of us are sick of dns, I am sure Robert is sick of the situation, and I
&#167;wonder how much longer he is going to wait for a "consensus" view before
&#167;he give adna the job, given there will never be a "consensus" view.
&#167;

If Robert Elz is sick of the situation then why doesn't he fix it ?
That should take about 5 minutes. Here watch....

I hereby nominate the following people to be on an interim board
dedicated to task of creating a formal corporation and board to properly
manage the .AU TLD....

&#167;James Austin
&#167;Larry Bloch
&#167;Steve Baxter