Re: DNS: Let me get this straight...AU is ONE person ?

From: Richard Archer <rha§interdomain.net.au>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 17:49:50 +1000
At 9:56 +1000 22/6/98, Jeff Williams wrote:

>Jim Fleming wrote:
>
>> What happens if Robert Elz is killed in a car
>> accident or is hit by a Fosters Beer truck ?
>
>  Good and sensible point.

Yes, perhaps it is.

Because in the event that Robert is no longer able to manage the domain,
I imagine there's a pretty good chance that the management would revert
to the University of Melbourne. And of course they'd probably hand it
over to... MelbourneIT.

Having any single company responsible for .AU as well as being the sole
registrar for .COM.AU seems to me to be a concentration of power
within .AU that is well worth avoiding.

Or perhaps I'm being paranoid :-/

Yours sincerely,
Richard Archer.