Re: [DNS] DNS FAQ v0.01 (DRAFT)

From: Kim Davies <kim§gospel.iinet.net.au>
Date: Sat, 04 Jul 1998 10:57:48 +0800
A few changes(?)...

Quoting Antony:

|   ADNA (Australian Domain Name Authority), whilst having a pretty cool name

Actually, it's Australian Domain Name Administration. I believe you can't
have the word Authority unless you have some sort of governmental role..

|   Currently there are 8 sub-delegations of .AU -
| 	Melbourne IT	- com.au
| 	Geoff Huston	- gov.au edu.au info.au
| 	Hugh Irvine	- net.au (managed by Connect.com.au)
| 	Michael Malone	- asn.au
| 	Robert Elz	- org.au id.au(??)

I thought the relationship between M-IT and com.au was the same as that
of Connect and net.au, i.e. the first line should read...

        Robert Elz      - com.au (managed by Melbourne IT)

I guess it is just semantics really.

kre also maintains conf.au.

kim