[DNS] DNS forum at Internet World show?

From: Paul Montgomery <monty§knapp.com.au>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 09:47:45 +1000
I would like to suggest that as an attempt to improve communications between
interested parties on this list, that I could organise a room to be set aside
during the Internet World 98 conference, to be held at Darling Harbour in
Sydney from August 11-13, for an informal meeting to discuss DNS issues. WOuld
any of you attend?

It would not be endorsed by any party, or even moderated as a structured
meeting, but would merely be a place where anyone who has something to say can
say it to other people who are interested. This would not substitute for the
official NOIE forum, or for the mooted ASX-sponsored videoconferencing
session, but I hope that there would be a demand for a non-ADNA meeting where
list members can either formulate a coherent message to take to ADNA, or just
talk about things with no pressure for an outcome.

I know that Melbourne IT will be running an exhibit at the show, which would
mean that one of their number (maybe even Peter Gerrand) may be enticed to the
meeting to go through the issues in a neutral environment. As far as
interstate interested parties go, I hope that some of you might have been
coming over for the show anyway, which is why it might be the best place to
meet in the short term.

For those who might be wondering what I get out of this, I would be quite
prepared to sit outside the meeting if members wanted a no-journalist-allowed
rule to be in place. Equally, it might work better if you all just went out to
a local coffee house or pub and yarned over pizza and drinks. I'm just
interested in helping the thing to move forward.

--
Paul Montgomery, features editor for Image & Data Manager and assistant
editor for Internet World. Lives like a JavaBean. Go Socceroos in WC02!