Re: [DNS] Membership classes in the discussion paper

From: Larry Bloch <larry§netregistry.au.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 1998 10:13:57 +1100
At 07:26 3/11/98 +1100, you wrote:
>In reviewing my own words I fail to see how the
>'Domain name holders' could ever organise a
>sinmgle nominee. Looks like I'm down to 5  in
>this proposal - fair enough - 5 is a good number
>to do a well defined task very cleanly.

In my previous email I echoed this point - there are no consumer bodies that can take this mantle. I believe that a 'Registrar' or 'Registration Agent' is most likely to represent consumer interests because they are closest to those interests.

And here I am thinking of INA, NetRegistry, Moniker or a representative from the DNS departments of OzEmail, Big Pond etc. Essentially someone who has considerable experience of actually talking to large numbers of companies who purchase domain names. -LMB