[DNS] [Fwd: FW: U: DNSO APPLICATION PROCESS]

From: Leni Mayo <leni§moniker.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 1999 08:11:55 +1000
This group intends to apply to ICANN to get accredited as
the Names Supporting Organisation.  The Names Supporting Organisation
gets to make recommendations names (incl. ccTLDs and gTLDs) to the
ICANN board.

http://www.dnso.org

Leni.

Please find below an announcement from the DNSO Transition-team (of
which I am a member), setting out a process for the completion of the
DNSO application in line with ICANN's requirements.   For more
information, please see http://www.dnso.org/ .
We are actively seeking comments on our proposal and want as broad a
participation as possible so you are encouraged to read the draft(s)
and send us your comments.   It is also extremely important that we
have as broad a support base as possible (and in fact is a requirement
of the ICANN application process) and we are therefore especially
interested in any letters of support you or your organization may be
able to give.
Best regards,
Lynn St.Amour

****************

DNSO APPLICATION TIMETABLE
Following on to the meetings held previously (see key dates below),
and in order to ensure that all interested parties have a common
understanding of the events leading up to the submission of a DNSO
Application to the ICANN Board of Directors on the 5th of February
1999, we are publishing the following timetable  for subsequent drafts
and their related comment periods.
We and other stakeholders are seeking to ensure integration of other
proposals (e.g. the 'INTA' proposal,
http://www.dnso.org/docs/dnso-draft-inta-bylaws.html , and any others
which may be forthcoming) with the DNSO proposal
http://www.dnso.org/docs/dnso-app-draft-1.html.  Equally importantly,
we are also reviewing and will address any comments or concerns of
other stakeholders and to this end we again invite all interested
parties to participate (the more actively the better) in helping to
prepare an application.  We will continue to actively seek out other
relevant parties, among them but not limited to, ORSC and NSI, etc.
etc.
In order to achieve the objective of a representative, open and
transparent process in drafting the DNSO application, the discussions
surrounding the application have been, and will continue to be open
and evolutionary, and we continue to seek comments from all interested
RAFT PUBLISHED                         JANUARY 12, 1999

COMMENT PERIOD CLOSES                                   JANUARY 26,
1999

APPLICATION SUBMITTED TO ICANN                          FEBRUARY 5,
1999

[IMPORTANT NOTE. The  <proposals&#167;dnso.org> mail address will not be
operational until Monday 4, 12:00 GMT]

Lynn St. Amour          Office phone :  +41 (0)22 929 5786      Mobile
phone :  +41 (0)79 202 3127
Internet Society, Executive Director - Europe, Middle East and Africa
(EMEA)

Make your plans now for:
NDSS'99, San Diego, California;  Feb. 4-5, 1999
<http://www.isoc.org/ndss99>
INET'99, San Jose, California; June 22-25, 1999
<http://www.isoc.org/inet99>