[DNS] Joining the au Domain Administration

From: Sandra Davey <sldavey§fl.asn.au>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 1999 11:34:38 +1000
The au Working Group on Australian Domain Names is very pleased to invite
people and/or organisations on the DNS list, to express their interest to
join the new organisation, auDA.

Some of you may ask why would I want to join auDA? The simple answer is the
.au namespace is a public asset and will be managed in the public interest
and for the direct benefit of all Australians'. The organisation will only
be as good as the people who are part of it.

Three classes of membership exist: supply, demand and represenative
associations. These are defined in the auDA Constitution under section 9.3
Classes of Members which is available from
http://www.auda.org/doc/audaConstitution.html .

Membership will be set around $100 for all potential members though larger
organisations are invited to contribute to the startup of the organisation.
Mark Hughes, another auDA Working Group member, will be in touch with those
who wish to join, regarding payment.

The meeting will be held Monday 19 April, 5.15pm, in the vicinity of the
ISP conference in Melbourne.

If you are interested in joining auDA, please send your details to Sandra
Davey, sldavey&#167;fl.asn.au. auDA is located at http://www.auda.org/.

If you require further information, please don't hesitate to contact me.

With best regards,
Sandra Davey

.au Working Group on Australian Domain Names
Email: sldavey&#167;fl.asn.au
Mobile: 0413 158 048
Web: http://www.auda.org/