RE: [DNS] generic domain names

From: John Southgate <john§strategix.com.au>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 17:01:50 +1000
I've always thought that your name is what you make of it.

A generic name might give you a good start, but at the end of day other
factors in the business or enterprise are far more important. I wouldn't buy
furniture from furniture.com, just because it was the first name that sprang
to mind. Neither would a lot of other people, I'm sure.

We probably need some solid research data that explains the relationship
between a so-called generic name and its contribution to business value.

John Southgate

Email:  john&#167;strategix.com.au
Web:    http://www.strategix.com.au
Phone:  +61-2-9427-9004
Fax:    +61-2-9418-8664
Post:   PO Box 645, Lane Cove NSW 2066, Australia
Office: 101/83 Longueville Rd, Lane Cove, NSW, Australia
Strategix Software Pty Ltd ACN 086 481 227