RE: [DNS] Give Austalian Business a go

From: <David_Wise§fhp.com.au>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 12:53:01 +1000
>>Sure, but as long as McDonalds Plumbing is a legit business, see if
>>you can design a test that discriminates between 'we intend to use it
>>for our own use' and 'we just want to sit on it to lever some money
>>out of the restaurant chain'.  If you can, you're a better person than
>>I.

Mcdonalds Plumbing come along and say: "we want to register mcdonalds.com.au".

The registration authority could then say: "OK, but we are advised by the AIPO that mcdonalds is similar to an existing trade mark. Accordingly, you will need to produce, within # days/weeks of regsitration, evidence that you are using mcdonalds.com.au for your plumbing business, otherwise your registration will be revoked."

David Wise
Freehill Hollingdale & Page
Brisbane

My views are not necessarily those of my employer.