RE: [DNS] geographic 3rd level domains for .com.au (fwd)

From: Stephen Baxter <steve§senet.com.au>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 08:38:46 +0930 (CST)
> > As long as the sub domain level did not become compulsory.
>

> Might want to check to see if those names aren't already taken..
> I know that tas.com.au is.. They might have an objection to losing their
> already owned domain names...

I also know that sa.com.au (owned by Camtech from memory), the fact these
got allocated highlight the problem with the present system.

I do not see any problems with taking these back - afterall MIT/INA proved
that it can be done with what they did to fuck.com.au !

> What about expanding out the .com, .net, .org into other areas as well or
> instead of the state domains?

I vote for a free for under .au, auction them off and let the funds
support auDA, aunic and maybe even a root nameserver for Australia !

--
Stephen Baxter  CCNA             SE Network Access/Big Networks Australia

                   CHECK OUT OZBYTES
                http://www.ozbytes.net.au
       Sound Bytes - 50 artists hosted and growing

phone : +61 8 8221 5221    222 Grote Street
fax   : +61 8 8221 5220    Adelaide 5000, Australia