Re: [DNS] Give Austalian Business a go

From: Stephen Baxter <steve§senet.com.au>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 17:04:45 +0930 (CST)
On Tue, 13 Jul 1999, Geoff Huston wrote:

> >Lets open up a new set of 20 TLDs under .au and sell them to the highest
> >bidder in order to fund the forums and NOCs and auDAs, ADNAs etc etc
>
> There's nothing new under the sun
>
> www.aunic.net/doms.html - August 1996.
>
> to quote:...

[SNIP]

> Is it too much to ask to stop recycling over paths we've trodden time
> and time and time again with this topic?
>
>     Geoff

And the opposite to all of that is that nothing gets done still, the
present system stays in place. If the present system was liked then this
debate would not be happening.

Should we also conclude that due to the failure of ADNA (of which I was a
part until my resignation) to implement tm.au or any other reform under
.au that it has all been tried before and therefore was wrong and we
should not trod there again ?

What is the purpose of auDA and this list ?

Why can't we have :

sa.au
nsw.au
vic.au
etc etc then
biz.au
tm.au

and a whole host of others. Because it creates confusion - alot less
confusion is created by going to a *.com/net address to get to an
Australian resource !

If you type it from a business card or click it as a hyper link then what
does it matter but people do seem to want it or is this forum to convince
us otherwsie ?

--
Stephen Baxter  CCNA             SE Network Access/Big Networks Australia

                   CHECK OUT OZBYTES
                http://www.ozbytes.net.au
       Sound Bytes - 50 artists hosted and growing

phone : +61 8 8221 5221    222 Grote Street
fax   : +61 8 8221 5220    Adelaide 5000, Australia