Re: [DNS] Give Austalian Business a go

From: Stephen Baxter <steve§senet.com.au>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 17:35:27 +0930 (CST)

> >> There's nothing new under the sun
> >>
> >> www.aunic.net/doms.html - August 1996.
> >>
> >> to quote:...
> >
> >[SNIP]
>
> You appear to have missed my point. Please unsnip it and read it carefully.

Thanks - I did read. It was also written during a time when domain names
under nearly all .au SLDs took 1 month if they were fast.

The document also talks of 1000 SLDs as an example - the only place a
number that large has been mentioned in this debate.

I want to see more SLDs under .au and have seen no argument that we should
not try to do it ?

What else is auDA for ? Competition under com.au - public ownership of the
local loop may be eaiser !

--
Stephen Baxter  CCNA             SE Network Access/Big Networks Australia

                   CHECK OUT OZBYTES
                http://www.ozbytes.net.au
       Sound Bytes - 50 artists hosted and growing

phone : +61 8 8221 5221    222 Grote Street
fax   : +61 8 8221 5220    Adelaide 5000, Australia