Re: [DNS] Spring clean?

From: Geoff Huston <gih§telstra.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 21:54:53 +1000
At 04:45 PM 8/23/99 +1000, Matthew King wrote:
>I read with interest the .org.au domain debate. If people don't mind I
>would like to extend this topic to the edu.au domain as well. What sort of
>times are people having to wait?

It all depends Matthew - If you can read the edu.au policy and your application
fits clearly within the policy then it normally takes a couple of minutes
to a day
or so. If you want a vanity plate of your favourite food.edu.au then you may
find that the process takes some time - oddly enough.

>Perhaps it is time for a spring clean. And thats not even keeping in mind
>the parochial/academic policy still governing the com.au domains...

??? Are you feeling ok?

regards,

    Geoff