[DNS] domain-name on-selling?

From: stephen loosley <stephen§melbpc.org.au>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 1999 22:40:01 +1100
Hello AuDA

Simply a question .. are we going to see (and, do we really want?) domain-name on-selling here in .au?

For example ...

Subject: PoliticsOnline Announces Online Auction of White House 2000 Domain Names
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 18:17:22 -0500

<blah company> announced today that they are auctioning off three of the HOTTEST URL’s in politics.

Up for bid are the following:

		www.WhiteHouse2000.com
		www.WhiteHouse2000.net
		www.WhiteHouse2000.org

“These are literally the hottest names in US politics right now”, said PoliticsOnline President Phil Noble. “We expect a lot of competition for these valuable names from all sorts of news and political organizations. <PS so far the bidding has reached all of $130> We bought these names two years ago with no idea as to what we would do with them. They were just too good to pass up”, said Noble. “It would be nice to make a few bucks but mostly we just want to see what will happen when such great names go up for sale.”   <blah blah>
--

Happy trails ..
Stephen Loosley