Re: [DNS] COMAU Policy - INA's new procedure!!!

From: Craig Clark <craig§cac.nu>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 13:11:32 +1100 (EST)
My opinion:

It's a simple case of INA protecting their butt.  But with good
reason.

<example>
XYZ Co is approved for xyz.com.au and starts a highly successful
e-business. After 6 months trading XYZ.com.au is wanted by a trademark
owner of XYZ, a third party.  They take XYZ Co to court and win the right
to xyz.com.au.  XYZ Co's successful business is gone without the domain
it was based around, don't you think they would be after someone to blame?
The registar who let them have the domain?? Yeah, lets get 'em.
</example>

I agree that a lot of change is about in .com.au and .com.  All of .au for
that matter. But stayed tuned.  Although no one likes the rules to change
during the game, I think a lot of these changes are going to stop lawyers
getting rich from disorganised policy.  They'll get rich elsewhere I'm
sure. :)

Craig

____________ Craig  A. Clark ____________ craig&#167;cac.nu ____________
      Professional consultant by day, eccentric geek by night!

On Mon, 20 Dec 1999, Raoul Wegat wrote:

> Things get more interesting by the day in COMAU...
>
> Here's an email response I got when querying a domain application that
> was late in being approved (4 business days). I've blanked out our
> customer's details.

[snip]